David Collyer, B. Sc., MBA, P.Eng
With experiences from some of the highest positions of leadership within the Canadian energy industry, Mr. Collyer is a big-picture thinker who brings critical insights to our boardroom table. His experience in understanding the complex external environment LandSolutions operates within makes him a valued contributor to how we can better structure our business for long-term success.
David Collyer is past President and CEO of the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP), a position he held from September 2008 until December 2014. He was responsible for leading CAPP’s activities in education, communication and engagement, and policy / regulatory advocacy on behalf of its members representing over 90% of the upstream petroleum production in Canada. Prior to being appointed President of CAPP, Mr. Collyer was President and Country Chair for Shell in Canada. During his 30 year career with Shell, Mr. Collyer held a broad range of technical, business, marketing and senior leadership roles in the oil and gas industry. He is currently a member of a several not-for-profit and corporate Boards and provides energy-related consulting services.
- 1977 - BSc, P.Eng, Mineral Engineering (specializing in petroleum), University of Alberta
- 1978 - MBA, University of Alberta
- Member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Member of Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Federal Government 2-year Executive Exchange assignment, Ottawa
- Variety of Not-for-profit and corporate board assignments
- Member of Board of Directors for AltaLink and Canexus
- Chair of Board of Bow Valley College