Senior Environmental Planner
Post Date: May 11, 2018
Reference Number: EP052018
WE KNOW WHERE WE’RE GOING. WANT TO HELP US GET THERE?
LandSolutions is a progressive and visionary land and environmental consulting firm offering cradle to grave solutions to accessing and managing land for various industries, Canada wide. We are a highly engaged and enthusiastic team of professionals with a great depth of experience in our fields of expertise, and we are looking for only the best to join our team.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Environmental Planner in our Calgary Office (Reference Number EP052018) within our growing Environmental Services Division. This role is for someone with great energy and the drive to help build our LandSolutions’ Environmental Planning Division.
What you will do:
- Provide environmental and regulatory support to developments related to the energy, renewable, infrastructure and commercial development sectors, including prospecting, scoping, proposal preparation, and implementation.
- Provide direction to both internal and external specialists including contractors, junior and intermediate planners and business partners to ensure project objectives are met.
- Represent company projects to regulators, industry groups, environmental groups, landowners, Aboriginal peoples and the public.
- Collaborate with key internal groups responsible for land, community relations, Aboriginal relations, regulatory, legal, and safety to identify and resolve issues, execute project plans and schedules, and support the integration of environment appropriately into project planning.
- Develop strategies for obtaining environmental regulatory authorization and for responding to public and regulatory review of projects.
- Provide project management for permitting and compliance work to projects, including strategies, execution plans, budgeting and scheduling
- Assist with development of departmental strategies related to continual improvement and growth.
- Provide mentorship to more junior team members
- Assist with and uphold Health & Safety program requirements of the organization.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in managing environmental planning and permitting development projects, including routing/siting, environmental assessment, project management, permitting and environmental compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in environmental sciences, biology, geography, public policy or related fields as well as a relevant professional designation
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental laws/regulations and practices pertaining to various developments throughout western Canada, with a core focus on energy and renewable projects.
- Previous experience solving complex and unique regulatory, permitting and compliance issues on major projects.
- Commitment to client service and support.
- Experience working with Aboriginal communities and non-governmental organizations would be considered an asset
LandSolutions LP provides professional services in all aspects of land acquisition, public involvement, land asset management, and environmental services. With a team of over 100, we have a well-established presence in the industry through our 6 office locations across Canada.
Our team needs outstanding individuals who want to join a company with a culture that supports you in being nothing but your best. If you’re interested in seeing your true growth potential, we want to hear from you. Please forward your resume and cover letter (quoting reference number in the subject line) to email@example.com. This position will remain open until we’ve found the right match for this position and our company.