Regulatory & Stakeholder/Indigenous Engagement Specialist
Post Date: Mar 01, 2018
Reference Number: TC0318
WE KNOW WHERE WE’RE GOING. WANT TO HELP US GET THERE?
LandSolutions is a progressive and visionary land and environmental consulting firm offering cradle to grave solutions to accessing and managing land for various industries, Canada wide. We are a highly engaged and enthusiastic team of professionals with a great depth of experience in our fields of expertise, and we are looking for only the best to join our team.
We currently have an opportunity for a REGULATORY AND STAKEHOLDER/INDIGENOUS ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST in our Calgary Office (Reference Number (TC0318) supporting our telecom, renewables and oil and gas clients. This role is for someone who possesses great energy, has proven experience and who is interested in becoming part of our ongoing story of growth.
What you will do:
- Engage and consult with various stakeholder and Indigenous groups on a variety of projects
- Liaise with government agencies, Land Use Authorities and various third-party groups
- Contribute to the development of communication materials
- Conduct municipal risk assessments based on LUA’s procedures and/or protocols
- Order, interpret and assess: development permit drawings and survey plans
- Prepare Indigenous and stakeholder engagement and industry notification documentation to ensure regulatory compliance as required by the client
- Enter and maintain quality control and consistency of consultation records, meeting notes and other documents
- Prepare for and provide representation at Open Houses and Land Use Authority hearings
- Audit client packages on agreements and permits to ensure accuracy and adherence to regulatory requirements
- Regular communication with clients: managing requests, inquiries and reporting
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Post-secondary education in Land, Business, Urban Planning, Real Estate or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Stakeholder/Indigenous Engagement, Communications, Regulatory and Municipal Affairs or related role
- Familiarity with process, protocol and regulations pertaining to Stakeholder and Indigenous consultation
- Sound knowledge of regulatory guidelines and governing Acts pertaining to the AER, ACO and Canadian Telecommunication sector
- Ability to work multiple programs/projects for various clients
- Previous experience with GPS and graphics software a benefit
- Ability to schedule time and prioritize
LandSolutions LP provides professional services in all aspects of land acquisition, public involvement, land asset management, and environmental services. With a team of over 120, we have a well-established presence in the industry through our 7 office locations across Canada.
Our team needs outstanding individuals who want to join a company with a culture that supports you in being nothing but your best. If you’re interested in seeing your true growth potential, we want to hear from you.
Please forward your resume and cover letter (quoting reference number in the subject line) to email@example.com . This position will remain open until we’ve found the right match for this position and our company.